While the AJ shape plays a big role in its signature sound, the AJ-220SCE benefits from the use of premium materials and traditional construction methods. The top is made of solid Sitka Spruce that not only sounds great right out of the box but actually improves with age and lots of playing time. The back and sides are made of select mahogany. The solid mahogany neck has a 25.5” scale and is glued to the body using TiteBond™ glue and a traditional dovetail neck joint for great stability, tone, and sustain. The neck features Epiphone's classic 1960's SlimTaper™ D-profile with a smooth, fast, satin finish that’s easy to play. The bound fingerboard has a 12” radius with a 1.68” nut, 20 medium jumbo frets, and dot inlays. The classic "reverse-belly" bridge has a compensated saddle for traditional looks and accurate intonation. And last but not least, the AJ-220SCE has a tortoise-style pickguard with traditional metal "E" to protect the top against pick marks on the beautiful Natural finish.
- Epiphone’s Top Selling Acoustic—the classic Jumbo!
- Solid Sitka Spruce Top Plus New Mahogany Top in Mahogany Burst finish
- Shadow™ Performer Tuner HD™ System for True Acoustic Sound
- Featuring On-Board EQ and Chromatic Tuner
- Top Material B, NA, VS = Solid Sitka Spruce, MA = Solid Mahogany
- Body Material Select Mahogany
- Neck Material Mahogany
- Neck Shape SlimTaper™ C-Shape
- Neck Joint Glued-In, Set Neck
- Scale Length 25.50"
- Fingerboard Material Granadillo with "Dot" inlays
- Fingerboard Radius 12"
- Frets 20, Medium/Jumbo
- Truss Rod 2-Way Adjustable
- Nut Width 1-11/16"
- Hardware Nickel
- Machine Heads Premium Die-Cast with Kidney buttons; 14:1 ratio
- Bridge Pickup NanoFlex™ low-impedance pickup
- Controls Shadow® Performer Tuner HD Preamp, Built-In Tuner with auto-mute, Master Volume, Phase (feedback cancellation), Treble EQ, Bass EQ, Tuner (on/off); On - Output Muted
- Pickguard Imitation Tortoise with vintage metal "E" logo
- Power Two 2032 Lithium Batteries
- Output 1/4" Endpin
- Colors Ebony, Natural, Mahogany Burst, Vintage Sunburst
- Bridge Granadillo
*Batteries not included*