Jackson MJ Series Dinky DKR - Satin Black
Harkening back to the early ‘90s when import Jackson guitars were manufactured exclusively in Japan, we introduce the all-new Jackson MJ Series - an exciting and innovative collection of instruments attentively crafted in Japan. The MJ Series combines Jackson's world-renowned legacy of designing high-performance instruments with an assortment of top-tier features at a competitive price point.
Engineered from its inception for high-speed, virtuoso playing, the MJ Series Dinky DKR features an ergonomically contoured alder body with sculpted shredder's cut heel for easy access to the upper registers. The attractive five-piece maple/walnut/maple/walnut/maple neck is bolted-on to the body with graphite reinforcement for added stability against climate-induced warping and has an oiled finish on the back for smooth playability.
Featuring rolled edges and 24 jumbo frets, the 12"-16" compound radius ebony fingerboard is designed for highly technical lightspeed playing on the upper registers and comfortable chord work closer toward the nut. For touring musicians, Luminlay glow-in the-dark side dots provide exceptional fretboard guidance even on the darkest of stages while a heel-mount truss rod wheel allows for quick and easy neck relief adjustments.
DiMarzio Super Distortion DP100 and DiMarzio PAF Pro DP151 pickups provide a tried-and-true high-output combo, delivering a perfect blend of power and tone. The standard for kicking a tube amp into total overdrive, the Super Distortion humbucking bridge pickup bolsters tone with rich, intense mids, big lows and fat highs, while the PAF Pro neck humbucking pickup retains its "PAF"-style presence when ran through high-gain amps, and punches hard with snappy lows, spiked mid-range and crisp highs without becoming brittle. Harness the sonic horsepower with a versatile five-way pickup blade switch and single volume and tone controls. Other premium features include a Gotoh GE1996T Series double-locking tremolo bridge system for reliable tuning stability throughout daring and aggressive playing theatrics, Gotoh sealed die-cast tuners and Dunlop dual-locking strap buttons.
Boasting brazen Jackson attitude, the MJ Series Dinky DKR is decked out in either Ice Blue Metallic with white pickup bobbins, pearloid sharkfin inlay at the 12th fret and chrome hardware, or in Satin Black with yellow pickup bobbins, yellow sharkfin inlay at the 12th fret and black hardware. Both models feature a color matched reverse Jackson pointy headstock.
Features: MJ Series Dinky DKR
- 25.5" scale length
- Alder Dinky body with sculpted shredder's cut heel
- Bolt-on five-piece maple/walnut/maple/walnut/maple neck with graphite reinforcement and oiled back finish
- 12"-16" compound radius ebony fingerboard with rolled edges, 24 jumbo frets and sharkfin inlay at the 12th fret
- Luminlay side dots
- Heel-mount truss rod adjustment wheel
- DiMarzio Super Distortion DP100 bridge and DiMarzio PAF Pro DP151 neck humbucking pickups
- Five-position pickup blade switch, single volume control and single tone control
- Gotoh GE1996T Series double-locking tremolo bridge system
- Gotoh sealed die-cast tuners and Dunlop dual-locking strap buttons
- Available in Ice Blue Metallic with chrome hardware, white pickup bobbins and pearloid sharkfin inlay at the 12th fret, or in Satin Black with black hardware, yellow pickup bobbins and yellow sharkfin inlay at the 12th fret
- Color matched reverse Jackson pointed 6-in-line headstock
- Foam core case included
Through-Body Five-Piece Maple/Walnut/Maple/Walnut/Maple Neck with Graphite Reinforcement
Offering a striking aesthetic, the five-piece maple/walnut/maple/walnut/maple neck is bolted on to the body with graphite reinforcement to ensure the ultimate in stability.
DiMarzio Super Distortion DP100 Bridge and DiMarzio PAF Pro DP151 Neck Humbucking Pickups
The DiMarzio Super Distortion DP100 bridge pickup delivers a perfect blend of power and balanced tone - thick, boosted mids, big lows and fat highs, while the DiMarzio PAF Pro DP151 neck pickup has a strong presence and distinguished cut with an open-sounding PAF vibe that pairs well with high-gain amps.
Specifications - Jackson MJ Series Dinky DKR - Satin Black
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Body Shape: Dinky
- Number of Strings: 6
- Neck Material: 5-Piece Maple/Walnut/Maple/Walnut/Maple
- Neck Construction: Bolt-On with Graphite Reinforcement
- Neck Binding: None - Rolled Fingerboard Edges
- Neck Finish: Oiled
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Number of Frets: 24
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- Nut Material: Floyd Rose R3 Locking
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Sharkfin at 12th Fret
- Side Dots: Luminlay
- Truss Rod Nut: Heel-Mount Truss Rod Adjustment Wheel
- Bridge Pickup: DiMarzio Super Distortion DP100
- Neck Pickup: DiMarzio PAF Pro DP151
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Switching: 5-Position Toggle: Position 1. Full Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge Inner Coil, Position 3. Both Full Pickups, Position 4. Neck Inner Coil, Position 5. Full Neck Pickup
- Configuration: HH
- Bridge: Gotoh GE1996T Series Double-Locking Tremolo (Recessed)
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh Sealed Die-Cast
- Control Knobs: Dome-Style
- Switch Tip: Black
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Included Jackson Foam Core Case (p/n: 2994742100)